"Ten Things You Can Do To Support Your Favorite Book or Blog"
1. TALK ABOUT THE BOOK/BLOG with friends, colleagues, and contacts. Are you part of a reading group? Suggest the book be read and discussed.
2. CREATE AN EMAIL SIGNATURE with comments and a link to the book/blog. People who get your emails are apt to check out the link especially if you have known the person for a while. They will trust your suggestions.
3. WRITE A FAVORABLE REVIEW for the book at Amazon.com and any of the other online book seller's sites you frequent. Link this in an email signature and your own blog or enewsletter.
4. WRITE A LETTER TO THE EDITOR of the local paper or for any newsletters you receive from the groups and organizations you belong to.
5. CARRY YOUR COPY OF THE BOOK WITH YOU to the places you go. Take the opportunity to strike up a conversation about the book with people.
6. GIVE THE BOOK AS A GIFT to people you think might enjoy it.
7. REQUEST THE BOOK BE CARRIED IN BOOKSTORES AND LIBRARIES.
8. ADD A LINK TO THE BOOK/BLOG WEBSITE as part of your blog or newsletters.
9. ASK THE AUTHOR FOR EXTRA POST CARDS OR BUSINESS CARDS OR BOOKMARKS and give them to friends. You can also drop them in the bills you pay.
10. WRITE SOMETHING ABOUT THE BOOK ON YOUR BLOG and provide a link to the author's website and online sources for buying the book.
These are also great ways to promote your own books!
CONTEST TIME! CALLING ALL ROMANCE READERS AND WRITERS...
I have way too many romance novels and other goodies collected recently at the Romantic Times Booklover's Convention in Columbus, OH in April and I'm sending them to one lucky IFW blog reader! That lucky reader could be you. All you have to do is respond to this blog or send me an email and tell me briefly why you love to read romance novels and you will be entered into the drawing for a super tote bag, novels, and goodies. DEADLINE IS JULY 31, 2010 AT MIDNIGHT. Good luck! Winner will be announced in my next blog 8/9/10.
Be well, write well,
"Writer Wellness, A Writer's Path to Health and Creativity", New Leaf Books, 2003.
My email: Joy@InspirationForWriters.com
What I'm reading right now (just finished!)
RIVALS, A BASEBALL GREAT NOVEL, by Tim Green
Read my review at kidsreads.com
What are you reading???
Copyright Joy Held 2010